Hao to design your own course with H5P?

Blended learning

In 2020, the outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic changed people's life. For teachers and students, the most prominent change is the way we teach and learn. When I worked as a teacher during the pandemic, I started to teach online. At first, I thought that online technology is nothing special for me because I had always been a geek๐Ÿ‘จ‍๐Ÿ’ป and a big fan of technologies๐Ÿ’ป. However, the experience of online teaching still gave me something new to learn and I realised that online learning would definitely be more and more necessary and important in the future. (PS: I really like online teaching and it gives me the opportunity to be a streamer๐Ÿ˜†.)

In the ICT module and professional practice module, I have experienced and learned more that blended learning. Personally, I think blended learning can help students do better in their studies as long as we teachers make good course design and preparations and students make full use of it. Moreover, with so many online resources and interesting materials, I am sure students will be more motivated to learn autonomously (because I am๐Ÿ˜ณ). So how can we create a great blended course? Here is the good tool, ๐Ÿ”—H5P!


H5P

❓ What is H5P?

The first time I heard about H5P was on professional practice course when I thought H5P was a kind of coding programme related thing because of its strange name.  As a matter of fact, I was partly right๐Ÿ˜. Because H5P is a free and open-source content collaboration framework based on JavaScript. 

With H5P, we can create, share, reuse and modify interactive HTML5 contents. After that, we can plug the contents in Moodle or same teaching systems so that resourceful, attractive, motivating and engaging blended courses will be created. 



Currently there are over 50 default content types available, like different kinds of games, traditional multiple choice, interactive videos and so on.  Click the link to find out more things you can add in H5P. ๐Ÿ”—Content Types of H5P
Moreover, you can add more from the community or create your own bespoke template.

Below are the three examples I made with H5P๐Ÿ˜‰ Let's have a try! 


๐ŸŒŸ Image Choice



๐ŸŒŸ Structure Stripe




๐ŸŒŸ Dialog Cards


At last...

As we can see, with the help of H5P, we can make class more interactive even online and more attractive to students. In a blended learning, students autonomy to learn is very important and the various types of functions in H5P can increase students' motivation in learning. Futhermore, it is more convenient for teachers to give quizzes with H5P so as to monitor students' learning situation and progress and students' feedback can also be sent to teachers in time. 

In China, especially in the pandemic situation, such tools can be adopted in real teaching perfectly but it may take teachers some time to prepare for the class. In the future, I would like to invite colleagues๐Ÿ‘จ‍๐Ÿซ๐Ÿ‘ฉ‍๐Ÿซ who have same interests to work with me so that the workload may be reduced and we can also share experience in using H5P in teaching. 

So H5P is really a good tool. Try and design your own course now ๐Ÿ˜

Comments

  1. Haha I like your examples and there are so many cute animals :) Using H5P could be time-consuming but considering the benefits of teaching, it is all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can actually use the examples in your blog hhhh. They are really interesting, no matter the topic or the pictures. I bet you are an interesting teacher in class and your students must love you. I think if you can show the answers after users finish it, it would be better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hao do I start with Kahoot?

Hao did I review the blog

Hao to practise English speaking with Youglish?